Sunday, March 13, 2005

2 weeks down and a world of widom later...

So I'm just wrapping up my second week in Ukraine and so far i haven't been bitten by any stray animals. JK... But i have learned through my humorous and enlightening Cross Cultural Handbook given to me by the PC that people probablythink that I have a mild case of mental retardation because of my persistant smiling...HEE! I'm adjusting really well and becoming much more comfortable with the new culture... The only problem is that when you need to be somewhere at a certain time I think it means that you need to eat at that time and then be 15 minutes late for everything... an adjustment for sure even for the girl with 2 speeds, slow and stopped. I have now had a thorough education on public transit having taken both the train, Mashrukah (little buses) and a Taxi, and becoming more mobile is a good step towards independence. Oh but i've also learned that when waiting for a Marshrutkah never stand at the stop on the side of the road. Always wait atleast 8 feet back because you will gat splashed and dirty when it pulls up. I'm going to be getting internet at my house this week so hopefully I will be able to upload some pictures then... I guess I'm movin on up in the world, not only do we have hot water but a washing macine and now the INTERNET!!! Take care everyone. I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home