Sunday, April 09, 2006

Big Money! No Whammies!

Okay, so I kinda stole that title from one of the most beloved game shows, and a personal favorite, Press Your Luck. But that's what I did and I won!!! I just heard back on the grant for the summer camp from the Embassy... Now nothing is finalized and we'll have to wait to hear the official word from Washington, but WE'RE GETTING FUNDED!!! Now it's not for the whole amount of $13000+ but for approximately $10000! Now we'll have to cut some expenses and corners but I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve... I can't believe its going to happen! I'm smiling like a baby with a lollipop in the internet cafe!!! Smiles don't come out here as much as they do in America and I'm sure the other customers in the cafe are again thinking to themselves, 'oh, look at the mildly retarded american with that funny smile'. But quite frankly right now I don't care what they think of me. We're doing the camp!!! I don't know if it's that I'm skilled as a grant writter or just a bit of dumb luck that I've stumbled on to... (I'm leaning to the former rather than the latter.) It's going to be one of the greatest things that I do here I think. What is great about a camp though is that you are dealing with kids who are usually easy to please. All they are concerned with is having fun and that is an area which I consider myself somewhat of a low-grade expert (nothing wrong with knowing what areas you excell in).
On other fronts of my life here, I've started back at the jogging now that I can get back outside. And I'm really liking it though I know I look like a fool. I've found some new trails and there scenery is quite nice now, bright green grass under a cloudy spring sky. It's relaxing. I think I might even attempt to grow some veggies in the garden. It's not definite yet but I'm getting a bit of inspiration from all the planting that's been going on. I was thinking something easy like onions, carrots and garlic. Something that it would really take more talent to kill them rather grow them. Any thoughts on that selection of veggies? I would appreciate feedback from those more experienced than I in that area. I've started the planning for the Narcotics Prevention training. It will be on June 4th. I'll be starting the phone calls on speakers and what not this week as well as gathering materials. As spring came on quickly here so, it appears, has my workload. Don't worry though, nothing I can't manage. Mom's, Dad's and Kay's visit will be a nice break in between the two projects. Things are really starting to come into place... I was a bit doubtful as I watched all of my clubs fall apart due to the winter hibernation.... Take care and I love you all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home