Sunday, September 17, 2006

Apparently, Mayonaise is a vegetable

So this latest tid-bit of knowlege came to my attention as I was teaching a lesson on nuitrition with my new co-teacher Dina Anatoliyevna. We were analyzing our dialy diet according to the food pyramid... you know, how many servings of vegetables does a bowl of borsh have... or complaining that one spoon of sugar in coffee is really all you should have not 2 or 3 and arguing about the size of the spoon is actually much larger than recommended for the serving size... My teacher, who is a wonderful woman, answered my rhetorical question to the students 'now what group is Mayonaise in?'. She quickly responded 'it's a vegetable cuz I buy Olive flavored mayonaise.' So a new light has been shed on the nature of the Ukrainian diet.... Yum!

So just a recap of Camp East Extreme... It was a super experience... I thought it went really well. We had to deal with a crazy camp site director who screamed at me at how loud our students were at 12 o'clock at night and as result woke up the already sleeping camp because our campers were apparently being really loud... Hmmmm... well we had lessons in Civics, Leadership, Model UN, Sports, Debate, and Ecology. Everyone seemed to really like it and the kids are all doing community projects and teaching other people about being good leaders and empowering others for the future. Of course their were some gliches but for our first camp we over came things rather well and there were no tears... All went well... Thank you everyone for your warm wishes and blessings. It was great to know that I had support comming to me and my team from all over the world! I love you all and only 8 and a half months to go!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger clare said...

Hey Meg,

Just wanted to let you know I read your blog from time to time and am thinking about you! I've moved on from my two years of volunteering and am now a grad student in Secondary Ed at LaSalle University in Philly! I can't believe you only have 8 and a half months left, and we definitely have to reunite when you're done. :)

Clare

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home