Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Chickens are attacking!!!

So, I've come to realize that if you don't have a chicken ( a live one) then you are not living the traditional ukrainian lifestyle... I actually figured that out a while back but it became even more relevant this past week. I was in Borova ( a town nearby with another group of volunteers that we meet with for technical training on Saturdays) and one of our teachers was talking with us about the mongol-tatars and the Kosacks... very interesting stuff... the room was really hot so we opened the door to let some fresh air in... and then all of a sudden out of no where 5 chickens were inspired by the Mongolian tatars and ATTACKED!!! The flew in the back door and started squaking or clucking violently... whetever it is that chickens do... SO, Volodiya our teacher runs into the kitchen and starts moving the door trying to shoo the chickens away and he actually pelted one of them with the door and all of a sudden you hear this chicken yelp from it's belly... AARRGGUU!!! It was definitely a cross cultural experience... So to make things better on the way home from Borova after class... I take a short cut past the wood factory, and the burned out warehouse and the abandoned gas station to get to my apartment building ( don't worry mom my sister Olya showed me it) and as I'm walking past the gas station the chickens have taken over and are just clucking around, there must have been 20 of them! I just start roaring. I mean it's just like a swarm of them clucking and pecking around the abandoned gas pumps!!! It was hysterical and no one was watching them... Ya know, It's the little moments like that that make it all worth while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home