Sunday, April 03, 2005

One Month Down.... 26 to go!

Howdy Americans!
So one month is down here in Ukraine and only 26 more to go... I'm just taking in it one day at a time now... Nothing too exciting happened here this week but every day is full of it's little laughs. I'm in Kyiv once again and am enjoying the high speed internet! Easter was great here! My host mom made a big easter dinner and we all sat at the dinning room table which is in the living room (space is tight here but it was still very exciting). And guess what... We had CHICKEN!!! It was just too funny! I've started my internship this past weekend. My first lesson was on Self-Defense... If you can only picture me and my complete lack of verbal russian teaching Self-defense to 15 year old ukrainians... I thought it was rather amusing and I think they did as well. Once again just reaffirming that Americans really are crazy!!! I'm also working with the student parliament too which is really great. This week we are going to vote on a project for our community. I'm hoping they'll pick something easy like a book drive for the Library but it's totally up to them. We'll see how that turns out though. I'm still trying to figure out the whole picture thing and hopefully by the time I finish training I will have done just that. My support circle is becomming much stronger here. I've made some really great friendships with some other trainees and volunteers. Every day I am just continuously impressed by them... I send all of my love home and hope that spring will find you all well and happy!!! LOVE AND PEACE!!! -Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger clare said...

Meg,

I've been so impressed to hear how well you are doing. I thought of you last week - I went to visit Catholic University over Easter break and I went to a great talk. Pax Christi hosted Bishop Gumbleton speaking out against the war in Iraq. It was truly wonderful to see something non-right wing going on in our school. I suppose it's harder to pick on a bishop than congresswomen! Take care. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home