Sunday, May 08, 2005

Rain, Rain go away... Go pick on someone else today!!!

So i'm in the peace corps office and Eric has just informed me that the rain will not stop... Today, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday... well you get the Idea. It has been raining here non stop and quite frainkly I've had my fill. Normally, I'm a rain lover. There's nothing more refreshing than a nice rainstorm to cool things off and refresh the earth. But this is rediculous... In fact, it was raining so hard that we now have a leak in the roof of our apartment building. It's really not that bad it just leaks in the stair well. But the constant water flow has warped the loverly wooden door to our apartment making it incredibly hard to open the door. The first day this happened my host father went out to the shed to grab some tools to fix the door and we couldn't open it up so Olya and I are running into the door from the inside and Papa Pasha is on the outside trying to open it. he was stuck out there for over 2 hours and we were captive in the apartment. I was supposed to meet up with my cluster mates but had to cancel on account of inability to leave the apartment. It was rather funny but definitely a moment. Well Things here are going well as usual. I only have 2 more weeks in Kalynivka with my host family. Mom I did get the packages thanks!!!! And they'll be great to help celebrate the end of training... I love you all and I'll keep you updated as the transition continues.... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMMAS and HAPPY 96TH BIRTHDAY NANA!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home