Thursday, June 09, 2005

I'm Rocking the Село!

Hey there faithful readers! so I'm in the Село (pronounced celo- village) now called Novo-E, that's my nickname for it, and I'm totally rocking it! Life is going well. I've settled into my office at the school and have been working at the camp for the little kids for almost 2 weeks now. This means that not only am I physically exhausted from playing soccer for hours on end but I also can not think by the end of it either with the consistant russian overload. Every day when I get home at 2 I take a nap but i think my stamina is building because yesterday and today I haven't needed a nap!!! Little victories I keep telling myself. But all in all I like my site. I'm gald I'm in a small village and not a large city... I'm going to have a much more involved experience and my Russian is going to be great by the time I'm finished. Oh and guess what... I told my director that I was going to piss a letter to my friend. Apparently the verb for to piss and to write are the same word just with an emphasis on different syllables. I couldn't figure out why she was laughing at me because I knew what I was saying.... I just didn't know that the verb to piss was so close to to write. Oh well... I guess I'm just extra talented now because I no longer need a pen to write with. All in all I'm doing well.... It's been warm here but it's not too humid so It's livable. I'm learning to cook all sorts of Ukrainian goodies so when I'm home in December I'll be sure to cook up a storm!!! I love you all and Mom I hope you feel better soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home